Our client in Evanston is seeking an Accounting Manager to join their team. The role will report to the Director of Finance and have two direct reports. The role will be mainly responsible for ensuring timely and accurate internal reporting, variance analysis, reconciliation and journal entry review. It works closely with departments to improve the process of the data entering the general ledger. Periodic special projects and auditing of various accounting cycles.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure all journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations are accurately prepared and reviewed timely.
- Comprehensive budget to actual analysis of statement of financial operations, statement of financial position and line of business reports monthly
- Recommend improvement to general accounting activities to ensure compliance with organizational procedures and policies, data integrity and to also ensure the most efficient and effective operations
- Collaborates with accounting department team to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Supervise two senior accountants and accountant which includes:
- All financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA strongly preferred
- 5+ years of equivalent work experience.
- At least two years of experience of supervising staff members.
- Experience preferred but not required with Microsoft Great Plains, Management Reporter, AV Powell and HealthMEDX Vision