Chief Financial Officer
Marco & Associates has been exclusively retained by a global leader in manufacturing to conduct a confidential search to identify a talented finance professional to serve as their Chief Financial Officer. This individual will be a strategic partner in the growth and performance improvement of their continued expansion into North America. This position offers an excellent compensation package, including a strong, competitive base salary as well as both an annual performance bonus and a long-term retention bonus.
As the parent company continues to invest into modernization and other operational efficiencies, key responsibilities of this role will include providing critical insight to leadership regarding cost containment and meaningful and timely financial reporting.
Candidates that possess both technical proficiency in these areas as well as self-motivation is crucial to the success of the individual in this position. The CFO will need to drive performance results while effectively leading staff and business partner relationships domestically and at the parent offices.
Strategy, Planning and Management
- Act as Chief Financial Officer and strategic business partner to senior executive leadership team.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Implement systems to provide critical financial and operational information and suggest options for automating processes and increasing working efficiency.
- Establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Oversee and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division, and weekly cash flow by division.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Manage financial planning and analysis department. Oversee creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Lead the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases, and financial software.
- Ensure application of appropriate internal controls, compliance, and financial procedures.
- Oversee, review, and implement the preparation and timely filing of all local, state, and federal tax returns.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure availability of funds.
- Oversee cash, investments, and asset management; deep operational financial analytics is critical.
- Explore new investment opportunities, analyze potential returns and risks.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business
Financial Relations and Policies
- Engage finance committee and/or board of directors to develop short term and long-term plans, projections, and budgets.
- Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors, and officials.
Finance and Accounting Team Management
- Mentor and develop a team of five senior managers and/or directors, managing work allocation, systems training, and performance evaluations.
- Guide larger, cross-divisional teams outside of direct span of control within the three main company divisions.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) – Position Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance; MBA preferred; CPA Required
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in finance, including at least 3+ years as a CFO in a large manufacturing company
- Bilingual candidates with Chinese fluency (written, oral) strongly considered.
- Strong, hands-on ERP Systems Experience – SAP, JD Edwards or PeopleSoft experience preferred
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence, executive presence, and ability to motive and lead staff members.
- Experience developing teams and organizational structure.
- Strong communications skills with all levels of people
- Excellent analytical skills and process improvement experience
- Experience with complex Tax matters